If you’re celebrating Backwards Day, a backwards birthday or want to try something a little different on family night, you’ll love this easy spaghetti and meatball sundae. We show you how!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links (marked with an *). This means that, at no extra cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
This spaghetti & meatballs sundae looks like the real thing! But it’s much sweeter.
Here’s what you’ll need:
You will need a potato ricer to make the ice cream “spaghetti”. We recommend the RSVP International SPUD Endurance Potato Ricer.
It’s rated #1 in Cook’s Illustrated. Comes with medium and coarse stainless steel plates. Dishwasher safe.
Once you use a potato ricer on your potatoes, you’ll never stop! The texture is addictive.
Spaghetti and Meatballs Sundae
Eat dessert for dinner with this fun and easy ice cream recipe. Dont forget to serve it with a fork!
- potato ricer
- 12 small scoops Breyers Rocky Road ice cream
- 1 c Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 c strawberries (trimmed)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 c vanilla ice cream
- 2 shortbread cookies, crushed
Freeze a plate 30 minutes.
Arrange Rocky Road ice cream in meatball-sized scoops on chilled plate.
Place chocolate cookie crumbs on another plate.
Roll scoops of ice cream, one at a time, in cookie crumbs. Replace on chilled plate and return to freezer until ready to serve.
For sauce, mash strawberries with sugar in medium bowl using potato masher or fork to make chunky sauce. Stir in additional sugar if desired.
Press vanilla ice cream through potato ricer into 4 dessert bowls for spaghetti.
Remove plate of ice cream meatballs from freezer. Top each bowl with 3 meatballs,
Drizzle strawberry sauce over each bowl to resemble spaghetti sauce.
Sprinkle with crushed cookies as cheese.
Potato ricer on Amazon, rated #1 in Cook’s Illustrated. Comes with medium and coarse stainless steel plates. Dishwasher safe.
Want to make this sundae for a Backwards Party? See our tips for fun & success.
Whether you want a full Backwards Day extravaganza or a backwards theme for family night, we have suggestions for all play modules: backwards food ideas, backwards games & movies for all ages, backwards costumes with a backwards fashion show, backwards invitations, backwards decorations – including TPing the party room.
Want more ice cream dessert ideas? See all of our recipes.
Want to see our new ice cream recipes & more?
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing