Got holiday leftovers? No problem! Create a meal that everyone will love with this spicy cranberry turkey wrap recipe.
This cranberry turkey wrap is the perfect way to use holiday leftovers for lunch – especially bag lunches.
Spiciness adds new flavors so it doesn’t feel like a leftover recipe.
Here’s how to roll a wrap to keep it together. (The “micromastery secret” is to warm the tortilla first to make it more pliable.)
Cranberry Turkey Wrap
- 1 c orange juice
- 1 c sugar
- 12 oz cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ c currants or raisins (optional)
- ½ c diced onion
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp seeded and diced jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic, from a clove or jarred
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 c turkey, cut into strips
- ½ c spreadable cream cheese
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 4 large lettuce leaves, romaine or leaf
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
Spicy Cranberry Sauce:
- Place first 10 ingredients in medium saucepan. Boil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst and sauce is thickened; refrigerate.
- Warm tortillas for 10 – 15 seconds in the microwave.
- Spread 2 tablespoons cheese over tortilla to 1/2 inch of edge. Layer lettuce, 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup cranberry sauce, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro and several apple slices. Add salt and pepper to taste. Repeat 3 times.
- Fold tortilla bottom and top over filling. Fold one side to center. Fold last side overlapping center and roll tight.
Recipe courtesy of Cranberry Marketing Committee via Family Features
Want more? See all of our cranberry recipes.
Want even more? See our new wrap recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.