These oh-so-cute Spring Bonnet treats are a cookie-cupcake combination of yumminess.
Impress the crowd at your Tea Party, Easter party or Mother’s Day celebration with treats that will make them think you’ve gone pro – even if you use refrigerated cookie dough and store bought cupcakes. They are easy to make – but look awesome – and bring out your creativity in decorating the little hats.
- 1 (18-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough or ten 4 1/2-inch cookies
- 10 (2 1/2-inch) medium cupcakes, store bought or homemade
- 2 (16-ounces) containers white frosting
- Food coloring
- 1 (14-ounce) bag M&M’S Milk Chocolate
- Candies for Easter
- Starburst Jellybeans
- Skittles Candies for Easter
- Starburst Fruit Chews
- Roll sugar cookie dough to 1/4 inch thickness and press out ten 4 1/2-inch cookies. Bake the cookies according to directions on the package. Set aside.
- Remove paper cupcake liner from cupcakes. Slice off rounded top of cupcake.
- Ice top of cupcake with 1 tablespoon frosting. Turn cupcake upside down and place on the cookie. Set “cookie hats” on wire rack over a pan or plate.
- Divide icing into 4 bowls. Beginning with a few drops of food coloring, tint icing to desired pastel shade. One at a time, place icing into microwave for 15 seconds. Stir icing and check consistency for pourable consistency.
- Pour frosting over “hats,” covering them completely. Set aside until completely dry – about 10 minutes.
- Decorate using candies. To make hat ribbons, unwrap fruit chews and soften in microwave for 5 seconds. Then thinly roll and cut into narrow ribbon strips and wrap around the hats. Create a fruit chews bow to add.
- Add icing decorations as needed by putting icing into resealable sandwich bag, squeezing it to one corner, snipping a tiny piece off the corner and then “piping” the swirls onto the cookie hats by gently squeezing the icing out of the bag.
Did this information help you?