Festive Star Sliders on cornbread buns are a delicious spin on the classic burger.
The cornbread buns are baked using a star shaped pan to add a your own personal twist to the traditional bun.
Star Sliders on Cornbread Buns
Cornbread Star Buns
- ¾ c flour
- ¾ c yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ c sour cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ lb ground chuck
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ c yellow onion, minced
- ⅓ c shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 5-6 dashes hot sauce optional
For Star Buns
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Star Pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add sour cream, oil and eggs, stirring just until smooth. Fill cavities 3/4 full, spreading batter to edges of star.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until center of bun springs back when touched. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to cooling grid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high heat.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients until well incorporated. Form into twelve 2-1/2-inch patties. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with star buns and your favorite condiments.