Festive Star Sliders on cornbread buns are a delicious spin on the classic burger.
The cornbread buns are baked using a star shaped cupcake mold to add a your own personal twist to the traditional bun.
Star Sliders on Cornbread Buns
Cornbread Star Buns
- ¾ c flour
- ¾ c yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ c sour cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ lb ground chuck
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ c yellow onion, minced
- ⅓ c shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 5-6 dashes hot sauce optional
For Star Buns
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Star Pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add sour cream, oil and eggs, stirring just until smooth. Fill cavities 3/4 full, spreading batter to edges of star.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until center of bun springs back when touched. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to cooling grid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high heat.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients until well incorporated. Form into twelve 2-1/2-inch patties. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with star buns and your favorite condiments.
Want more? See all of our 4th of July Cookout recipes.
Awesome July 4th recipes with a little flair to wow the Independence Day crowd. Desserts to cool off & sweeten. Grilling recipes and tips to make it easy & fun to feed the hungry masses.
Want more? See all of our Fourth of July Ideas.
New twists to old traditions to celebrate at home or exciting places for your bucket list. Glow in the dark ideas, tips for a safe and enjoyable Independence Day parade for your family & pets.
Want more, more often? See all of our new recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.