K-Paul’s Louisiana Kitchen opened in the French Quarter of New Orleans in 1979. There were so many requests for the secrets behind his spices that he created Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Seasoning Blends® which are now distributed world-wide.
- 12 small red Wisconsin potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Magic
!Bacon Crabmeat Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat, flaked
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Magic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut potatoes in half. With teaspoon or melon baller scoop out middle of each potato half and discard, leaving about 1/4 inch of edge.
- Place potatoes cut-side up in shallow roasting pan. Combine mustard, olive oil and Seafood Magic; mix well. Brush tops of potatoes with mustard mixture. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Combine filling ingredients in small bowl; mix until combined. Place about 1 to 2 tablespoons filling in center of each potato. Return stuffed potatoes to roasting pan and bake at 425°F 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
This recipe is so unique with the addition of crab. Can’t wait to try it.