Here is an exciting recipe from Rice Krispie Canada that can be used as an appetizer, healthy snack or small meal. It’s also a great way to use leftover turkey – just cut into small pieces instead of using ground turkey.
Spicy Turkey Potato Boats Recipe
4 large baking potatoes scrubbed and baked
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic minced
28 oz diced tomatoes
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup finely shredded carrots
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut cooled potatoes lengthwise; scoop out potato to within 5 mm (1/4-inch) of skin. (Reserve potato for another use.) Place skins on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan cook turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, cereal and seasonings. Cover and simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in carrots.
- Spoon turkey mixture into potato skins. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) about 15 minutes or until cheese melts and potatoes are hot.