These spicy turkey Potato Boats are a great way to use your leftover turkey. They can be served on their own for a fun meal or as an exciting side dish.
Believe it or not, this recipe is from Rice Krispie Canada. These Turkey Potato Boats can be used as an appetizer, healthy snack or small meal.
Turkey Potato Boats
- 4 large baking potatoes scrubbed and baked
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 c chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 c Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 c finely shredded carrots
- 1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut cooled potatoes lengthwise; scoop out potato to within 5 mm (1/4-inch) of skin. (Reserve potato for another use.) Place skins on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan cook turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, cereal and seasonings. Cover and simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in carrots.
- Spoon turkey mixture into potato skins. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) about 15 minutes or until cheese melts and potatoes are hot.
Potatoes are a staple in many meals, but let’s keep it interesting! Here are some unique and yummy potato recipes for dinner, as appetizers or for a party.
Appetizers should be served with every party! They keep the crowd happy if things are running a little late. They are perfect for nibbling while standing up during meet-and-greet. They allow a little taste of a lot of different foods.
An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget. It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance. It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time