What do you do with leftover Thanksgiving Turkey?
Make Turkey Tetrazzini.
It’s a new tradition that puts a twist on a favorite Italian dish.
- ½ c butter
- ½ c flour
- 3 c hot water, combined with 1 tablespoon Wyler’s® Chicken Bouillon granules
- ½ c milk
- ½ c white wine
- 1 c heavy cream
- ¼ c chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb fettuccini cooked al dente
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved and sautéed until tender
- 3 c leftover turkey cubes
- 1 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ c breadcrumbs
- Toasted almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Blend butter and flour in saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, milk and wine. Cook until thickened.
- Add cream and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine with cooked fettuccini, mushrooms and turkey.
- Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Grease 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish; pour tetrazzini mixture into dish. Sprinkle liberally with breadcrumbs and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and toasted almonds.
- Bake in oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Wyler’s Bouillon via Family Features